The rules were established in order to select from within the French breeding, stock those dogs that wich meet with the minimal required qualities that every Rhodesian Ridgeback should possess.
The test intends to ensure the capacities of stability, sociability and specific instinct of the breed.
Organized by the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club, under its own responsibility, these tests are open to all dogs, one year old at least, with no maximum age limit holders either of a birth certificate or definitive pedigree, or registered at initial status (dogs without any official documents but waiting for approval of the breed club).
The dogs will be assessed by one two judges chosen by the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club Committee, from among those Club members, on the one hand a very good knowledge of dogs, and on the other hand, a specific knowledge of this breed.
STABILITY (out of 40 points)
- 1 or 2 revolver shots (6 or 9) fired about 10 m from the dog (out or 20 points)
- a person without accessories passing close to the owner (out of 20 points)
SOCIABILITY (out of 30 points)
- handling of the dog by the test judge (tattoo, teeth checking etc…) dog in a standing position (out of 10 points)
STANDING POSITION (out of 10 points)
- passing through a group of moving people, making a diversion, various noises, using accessories or zigzagging near the dog (out of 10 points)
- calming down the dog, at the end of the whole test, the test judge walks to the dog strokes him, speaks with his owner and rechecks the tattoo (out of 10 points)
INSTINCT OF THE BREED (out of 30 points)
- to show hunting instincts by tracking and searching
- looking for his owner (out of 10 points)
- game tracking (alive or dead) interest in it, (out of 20 points)
The test is noted out of 100 points, the test judge, in addition to the point, can lay down recommendations or remarks.
Two solutions are possible:
- The dog is declared qualified if he scores 60 points or more,
- The dog is declared unqualified if he does not reach 60 points, but may repeat the test once more at later stage.